I hope you are all doing well as we enter the busy holiday season. This month there is lots to be thankful for:
1. I preached my first Japanese sermon in November, and it went well!
2. One of my non-Christian English students has joined a ladies’ Bible study group at my church.
3. Our English Club Thanksgiving event was well-attended — about 35 people came, including a good handful of guests.
With Christmas fast approaching, December is going to be a really busy month. A secular version Christmas is celebrated in Japan, and because of this interest, it’s is a great opportunity for the Church to share Jesus.
Please pray with me about the following:
1. I’m helping lead a Kids Christmas outreach at Immanuel Shizuoka Church on Dec. 9.
2. On Dec. 16, I’m preaching in Japanese at my own church in Nagoya.
3. On Dec. 23, the Nagoya Church is holding our Christmas celebration and outreach event.
4. On Christmas Day (not actually a holiday here) we’re having a Christmas party for my kids English class students.
I really appreciate your prayers and support! Thanks for joining with me and being a part of what God is doing in Japan! I hope you have a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!