Here’s a run-down of some highlights from the past week-ish…
1. Last Sunday I played guitar on the worship team, did a couple of solos and gave a short testimony in Japanese, all in the AM service here in Nagoya. Also had a good meeting to talk about the upcoming Christmas event I’m organizing. Then there was a young adult thing in the evening, where there was a lot of good food, as usual.
2. Monday I went to Tokyo and back for a meeting with representatives of our 3-way missions partnership in Japan.
3. I’ve been meeting once a week with a couple of guys from the church to work on their English. It’s pretty informal, but we usually do a short Bible study in English and then just practice speaking. This week’s “lesson” somehow ended up consisting mostly of watching Godzilla on DVD. I did get them to interpret it for me. I’m not sure it helped their English much but it was rather entertaining anyway.
4. Much of the rest of the week was spent in Japanese studies, as well as preparations for the Christmas event and for home ministries. I may have said this last week, but it’s getting pretty hard to keep up with my studies these days, what with all the extra stuff on my plate. This week I’m going to try to focus more on my studies and less on the other stuff, if possible.
5. The weekend was busy because of a wedding at our church. I helped out with some preparations yesterday, and the wedding itself was this afternoon. It was a great celebration, and a good time of coming together as a community. I’ve enjoyed spending a lot of extra time with my church Family lately, which with only 3 weeks left is something I don’t want to take for granted.
And that’s a wrap. I predict an early bedtime after such a full and fun but tiring day.