I woke up at like 6 this morning, and couldn’t get back to sleep. Too much on my mind, too much light and noise outside. So it turns out I have time to blog before taking off for the morning. My lack of sleep is your gain… If you consider reading my brain dumpings a gain…. Hurm…
1. Thinking a lot about the future lately. I’m at that point in my 2-year term here where I have to start planning. So I’m dreaming, praying, talking to people… and needing direction. It’s exciting and scary at the same time.
2. Last week I was away at the Immanual Church’s national annual conference thing (Nenkai) up in Yokohama. It was good catching up with some friends and connections. Heard some preaching in English (in person) for a change. Had some good conversations with fellow missionaries. Went into Tokyo and hung out in Shibuya. Ate some really good Turkish food. It was good for the most part, but it was good to get back home to Nagoya. I was pretty tired from some long, all-Japanese “business” meetings, and glad to get out of my suit after 4 days straight.
3. I go back to school on Wednesday. I’ve been trying to do lots of review the past two weeks, and did OK the first week off, but being away last week kind through me out of the routine. I’ve told myself to pretend I have a test on Wednesday and study accordingly. I really want to do better this term.
4. I’m hosting a two-man mission “team” here in May. It’s gonna’ be a lot of fun, but I’ve got a pile of stuff to get ready before they get here, and their visit is going to through my study routine off again. Hopefully I can stay on top of everything; it’ll be worth it when they’re here.
5. I’m eating breakfast as I type this. It looks a lot like last night’s super late supper. Strawberries + banana slices + imitation Frosted Flakes = Yummy. And good for you, too.
Well, I need to get going, and on with my day. Consider my brain dumped.