I just emailed this to my supporters, but for those of you not on the list, here’s my latest prayer letter:
It’s been a beautiful spring here in Nagoya, and we’re fast approaching that magical time of year known as “rainy season”. And since it’s the first of the month, it’s time for another prayer letter. I’ll be brief and just give you some quick prayer points. If you want to know more about what I’ve been up to, please visit my blog (www.japanlog.wordpress.com).
1. My Japanese studies — I’m making progress, but definitely have a long way to go, and we’re getting into some unfamiliar territory.
2. My English/Bible student — Pray for wisdom and discernment for me, and an open and receptive heart for him.
3. My classmates — Pray that I’ll build good relationships at school, too, and that I’ll be able to be a witness.
4. Pray for me as I continue to figure out what God wants to do in and through me in Japan — both this term and in the future.
5. On June 22 (a Sunday) I’ll be visiting the Immanuel Church in Gifu, about an hour from here. I’ll be participating in an outreach service through music and testimony. Please pray for Pastor Oda and the Gifu church as they prepare for and promote this event. Pray for me as I prepare as well.
As always, thank you for your prayers, financial support and encouragement!