Greetings from Ottawa, Ontario! Actually, to be more specific, I’m in Kanata, a suburb of Ottawa, where I’m staying with old friends from back home. It turns out I have a ton of connections up here: friends from my home church; a friend from my neighborhood back home; a cousin and his family; some Bible college connections… Anyway, here’s what I’ve been up to and a bit of what’s to come:
- I spent the weekend in Shawville, Quebec, with former missionaries (to Russia) Todd and Karen Robinson and their family. Todd pastors two Wesleyan churches, and Sunday morning I spoke at both. A very good time.
- Monday I came to Kanata, and met with Pastor Larry Mack of the Kanata Wesleyan Church (the Bridge) to talk missions. Turns out I went to Bible college with his sons! The Wesleyan world is a small one after all.
- Wednesday night I had the opportunity to take part in the mid-week service at Highland Park Wesleyan. The crowd was small but friendly and receptive. Another good night.
- Yesterday I did some sight-seeing in downtown Ottawa, visiting Parliament Hill and wandering around the neighborhood for the better part of the day. Great weather, lots of photos taken, and sore feet…
- Tonight and this weekend I’ve got more friends and family to visit — the week has gotten away from me and I haven’t been able to catch up with everyone yet. Sunday morning I’m scheduled to speak at Arnprior Wesleyan Church, and then on Monday head home.
And that’s a wrap.